Global medical device / pharma company. We are hiring numerous roles in Southern California. This role is NOT for entry level candidates, and requires a minimum of 4 years experience.
Entry level candidate responses will NOT be considered for this role.
Primary role is responsible for the design, development, integration and testing of computer controlled electromechanical devices in a Real Time Operating System (RTOS) environment for medical devices.
• BSCS, BSEE or BSCE & 4 yrs work experience
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required
• 4 years hands-on embedded software development
• Programming in C++ and C targeting embedded Microcontrollers
• Object Oriented design patterns and implementation in C++
• Deploying various RTOS based applications and designing multi-threaded applications
• Knowledge of various hardware control systems: waveform generation, transducer signal sampling, motor control and other electromechanical control desired
• Understanding of basic electronics circuitry: board bring up and interfacing with on and off chip peripherals such as SPI, UART, I2C, ADC’s and DAC’s
• Use of lab equipment (logic analyzers, in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes and DVMs) to debug and troubleshoot designs
• Using static analysis, unit testing and other tools/methods to produce high quality designs
• Team player with demonstrated commitment to meeting schedule and project milestones.
• Prefer Experience developing applications with both wired (CAN, Ethernet) and wireless communication networks (802.15.4, BLE)