The purpose of the Field Service Engineer (FSE) is to provide: technical oversight of the products’ installation environment, maintenance of the system to ensure reliable performance, solution-oriented consultative training, technical support, and troubleshooting of diagnostic product line, all of which require the application of engineering knowledge and skills gained through academic study and relevant experience and the use of discretion and judgment based on such learning and experience.
• 2-5 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer in the medical in vitro diagnostics assay industry.
• BS/MS in a related engineering field.
• Knowledge of clinical laboratory workflow.
• Medical technologist experience (preferably with microbiology responsibility) or clinical automated laboratory instrumentation.
• Experience with troubleshooting laboratory equipment, including performing instrument repair work.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Presentation and training skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
In addition, you will need:
• Willingness to travel 75% in the United States with the potential for occasional international travel.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Integration of diagnostic products into new and existing client institutions.
• Oversight of clinical trial site instrument environment and operation.
• Monitoring and making improvements related to instrument performance and environmental changes during clinical trial activities.
• Complaint reporting.
• Execute training and implementation plan with client and field team.
• Facilitate intradepartmental communication to optimize testing solutions within institutions.
• Provide consultative solutions for clients and prospects.
• Suggest and implement laboratory workflow solutions.
• Troubleshoot process and product issues.
• Provide evaluation support for product comparisons.
• Report client satisfaction and needs.
• Routinely performed and scheduled preventative maintenance.
• Develop strategy for ongoing client satisfaction, and testimonials.