Highly regarded medical device design company seeks an Electrical Engineer to lead product development and design for a new Class III implantable medical device.
Requirements and Experience:
Extensive experience with PCB and system level circuit design including:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- 8+ years of progressive electrical design experience
Candidates with signal processing circuit design in other highly regulated industries, such as aerospace will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Precision programmable current, and voltage pulse and burst signal generators
- Impedance measurement
- Embedded control, microprocessors, peripherals, and interfaces
- Power supplies and battery management
- Electronic user interface electronics: LCDs, indicators, LEDs, speakers, controls (pushbuttons, rotary encoders), membrane switch panels, etc.
- Developing and managing requirements and specifications for electronic systems
- Specifying and designing embedded software and firmware for test and verification purposes
- Architecture design, subsystem requirements partitioning, requirements management and configuration management during product development
- Build, test, debug prototype assemblies
- Developing test plans and execution of Design Verification testing
- Performing risk analysis (e.g. Failure Mode Effects Analysis) and generation of risk management documentation
- Comprehensive management of Design History Files (DHF) preferred
- Experience with medical device design preferred
- Experience with implantable medical devices - Class III such as: neurostimulators, neuromodulation, implantable defibrillators, pacemakers preferred